Our weekend was a little bit of a challenge to get through... although we were reminded to be thankful for all the "goodness" that we DO have in our lives.
*
On Sunday our car broke down and Monday our van was "VANdalized"... window smashed, personal stuff stolen. Credit cards used, cell phone missing... parts of our life (contents of a wallet and backpack) spread along a bike path and I could go on but I think you get the point.
*
So... by this morning we had no vehicles, lots of phone calls to make, and money flying out the window that may have been better spent elsewhere!!
Bye bye air conditioning!! Hee hee.
*
Anyway... a big thanks to those of you whom helped us out today and those of you with kind thoughts... it was greatly appreciated!!
*
As I was going through the remaining 22 (out of 44) CD's that got left behind... I was happy to see my "Waifs - Sink or Swim" CD (for those of you not familiar... they are a great Australian band who have played at Calgary FolkFest a few times)... ANYWAY... a lyric from their song "Taken" started repeating itself in my mind...
*
"That when shit happens, it is just your turn... and you deal with it... "
*
Enough said....




No comments:
Post a Comment