Kachooooow!!
Tanner seemed ready for a "big boy" bed. Although he wasn't trying to get out... I felt that with his height... it was getting a little risky.
Tanner seemed ready for a "big boy" bed. Although he wasn't trying to get out... I felt that with his height... it was getting a little risky.
He also seemed to be waking every night... wanting to be cuddled in his rocking chair... and it was driving me crazy.
So I felt that if he was going to need me at night... I might as well be able to cuddle him, in HIS bed, and get some sleep myself.
So we bought a bed at Sleep Country... our favorite place to buy beds... and on the day it was to be delivered... we got to work!!
Tanner woke up in his crib for the last time.... and then his bedroom door was shut for the rest of the day. He had to nap in his big brother's bed... which he loved.
Gary took down the crib... moved the rocking chair downstairs and I got in to start decorating.
I had been asking Tanner over the last few weeks "what" he wanted in his room, and with his interest in "hot wheels" and the movie "Cars"... I gave him those 2 options.
He was very consistent and answered "Lightening McQueen" every time I asked him.
So... I went with that theme and you can see for yourself how it turned out.
Later in the afternoon... we let Tanner open the door to his "new" bedroom and you should have seen the look on his face. He kept saying... "me"... "mine"... "me".... It was very cute.
Later in the afternoon... we let Tanner open the door to his "new" bedroom and you should have seen the look on his face. He kept saying... "me"... "mine"... "me".... It was very cute.
So... as I'm writing this in March... I am happy to report... that I can count, on one hand, the numbers of times he's been up at night since January 26th!! He LOVES his new bed and "Cars" room... and his good nights sleep... show me just how much he was READY for the change!!




1 comment:
Cool room Tanner!! Ask mommy if she will come and do GAT's room!! :)
Post a Comment