Saturday, April 11, 2009

Photography class...



I have always loved taking pictures. In fact, during our travels... Gary was always the "videographer" and I was the photographer.
So... last summer when I got the ultimate Birthday present.... a Canon Rebel XSi... I realized that learning how to really "use" my camera would help me take better pictures.
So I have started taking a few classes... and currently am in the Photo 200 class at SAIT.
It feels great to be back in school at my almamater after 18 years.
Although... I am quickly feeling those years as I try to get the ole brain working again to study and learn new material.
I take my hat off to professional photographers... as I am finding that it really is not that easy to take an all around professional quality photo.
There are a million things to keep in mind and how they all inter-relate.
Composition, exposure, light, perspective... all captured in less than a second... well... depending on your shutter speed that is.
One thing that I do try to keep in mind though... is that there really is no "wrong" way to take a picture.
I guess you could say that there are good, better and best ways to capture a moment in time.
After all is said and developed... a photograph is really a creation from the photographers point of view... but if done well... should allow others to enjoy it and feel from it, in their own way. "No one should walk away feeling nothing. -Marsha Cairo"
So I hope that in my pictures to come... you may notice a difference... as I strive to put a little more passion and "me" into my photography.

No comments: