I love full moons...
although not when I was working in the hospital... because it brings out the crazies.
But anyway.... I love them because I believe that a full moon kept me alive more than 12 years ago as I was travelling in Egypt.
We took a bus... and I use the term "bus" lightly...
if you can call a barely road worthy vehicle full of people and animals and luggage strapped on the roof... from the port of Nuweiba across the Sinai to Cairo.
To make a long story short...
when we boarded the bus....(after being hassled by guards with guns in a little room...)
it was the last one there at 11:00 at night....
the only 2 seats left were by the door...
the door that would not close properly... at the front of the bus.
We started our journey on twisting curvy roads through nothingness...
with headlights that barely worked.
I really thought we would not make it... but noticing how "bright" the night sky seemed... I looked out my window to see the biggest full moon EVER!!
I spoke to the moon that night...
closed my eyes... fell asleep...
until I was woken up... frozen...
because of the open door
and the cold water that had spilt all down my side and under me
from my travel mate in the seat next to me...
Anyway... shivering... I managed to fall asleep again
and wake up in Cairo... which is a much longer story.
But... back to the moon...
It guided us that night... I know it did!!
Thank you...






No comments:
Post a Comment